The Journey 2009
Pastor Adam Bailie
Key Text: James 1: 12-15 (specifically vv. 14-15)
"But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it is conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death."
Review: Trials- when a believers faith is being tested by God.
Big Idea: the believers information about temptation has everything to do with how he feels about temptation.
Temptation- the offering of sin.
- God CANNOT be tempted with evil.
**Jesus was tempted to the fullest extent because He never gave into temptation. As sinners, we are never tempted to the fullest extent because always give into temptation because of our desire to sin.
The Production steps of sin (vv. 14-15):
1. Temptation begins with out desires
2. Unchecked desires produce sin
3. Unatoned sin will end in our death
- We are tempted when we want something.
- Satan does not tempt us to sin, he just presents us with the opportunity to fulfill our own desire.
- Your sinful activity is directly affected by your desires which are unchecked.
- The freedom we have in Christ is to check our desires and obey Christ.
**You battle with sin at the point of your desire.**
- Are you battling with temptation?
- Are you battling with the right perspective?
- Are you battling with the right weapons? (Ephesians 6:10-20)