Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Journey 2009

Again, it has been quite awhile since my last post. Much has happened in my life since the last message I posted however I will only recap God's mercies to me in recent days. Yesterday, I arrived home from spending a week in Black Mountain, North Carolina at The Journey 2009, Riverbend's annual Summer Youth Camp. For the last two years I have been providencially hindered from attended this camp for one reason or another. Even though I have been attending Riverbend's Youth Camp since I was 12 years old, this was my first time attending as a leader, not a student. What a different experience it was! Its funny how when you are old enough to not have a curfew is when you desire to go to bed as early as possible. This week as been such a blessing to me in many ways! I had such a wonderful time with the students of Riverbend. I was a middle school leader and was able to assist in a family group consisting of about 12 middle school students ranging from 12 -14 years of age. God revealed to me this week an overwhelming burden and love that I have for that age group. What a difficult time of life! I pray that God would give me further opportunities to continue to minister to the lives of these precious students and to encourage them to strive after godliness in a wicked and corrupt generation.

The camp speaker this year were Pastor Kurt Gebhards and Paster Adam Bailie from Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California. Both of these men of God brought God's Word boldly to us in each sermon they taught. I am not even going to attempt to recap the sermons which were taught in my words however I feel it would be more beneficial to post my notes from each of the sermons. Pastor Adam taught the middle sessions in the mornings and the last two evening sessions and Pastor Kurt taught the high school morning sessions and the first two evening sessions. I hope you are as encouraged as I was by the clear and concise teaching of the Word of God by these two men. I will warn you, these sermons are extremely applicable and will reveal hidden sin!

Please pray with me for the many lives which were impacted by the Holy Spirit's work this week! I truly believe that there were some who came to camp as spiritually dead corpses and left camp regenerated and alive in Christ!! Praise be to God for His mercy and grace!!

No comments: