The Journey 2009
Pastor Kurt Gebhards
Key Texts: John 3:9-16 and Numbers 21:4-9
1. See the insanity of sin (vs. 4-5)
- God always provided for the people of Israel yet they still complained against God.
Ps. 78:16; 25-29
- God purposely gives us trials and times of need to draw us to Himself in utter dependence.
**Can you accurately assess where you are spiritually? no
- You cannot see your own deception in your heart.
2. Recognize the snake-bite of rebellion (vs. 6)
- Sin feels good until we feel its true affects.
- God sent the snakes to reclaim the attention of the Israelites on Him.
3. Gaze at God's great mercy (vs. 7-8)
- God left the snakes but created a way for healing and salvation just as sin is left in this world yet He has created a way of salvation through Jesus Christ.
- God was gracious in His provision for a leader (Moses).
4. Look long at Calvary's Lamb
John 8:28; 12:32
**The great danger of glancing at Christ.
**Is Jesus Christ a part of your life or is He the point of your life?
**We need to look to Christ with a:
- look of faith
- look of repentence
- look of dependence
- look of worship